Pet is wearing a tag
- If the pet is wearing a tag belonging to a pet register such as the National Pet Register, call the number on the tag and quote the unique ID number on the tag
- If the pet is wearing another tag, call the number written on the tag. It may be the telephone number of the owner.
Pet is not wearing a tag
If the pet is not wearing a tag, call or visit one of the following:
- Your local council to report the lost pet
- Your local pound or shelter
- Your local vet to see if the pet has a microchip.